Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only official forum of the Minecraft Barons Settlement Server!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ruleset regarding building?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanonjepilsner

Ruleset regarding building? Empty
PostSubject: Ruleset regarding building?   Ruleset regarding building? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:46 am

I just wanted to know if we could enfore some rules on building.

Regarding the huge water towers, 1x1 towers & massive lava towers. Could we have some sort of "You can go this far ----- but no further" to how you can use this "abnormal" stuff when building?

Atleast, close to the spawn & highly used areas, should really have a ruleset about what you can build. As far as I know, we agreed on a RP-build (not roleplaying) but a certain theme, and building a 200 feet tower with some flares and water, isn't really creative, neither is it worth looking at. It's just a huge tower, with no use at all.

So, what I will be suggesting:

• No 1x1 Towers.
    If you wish to build insanely high towers with no purpose(Like the one close to spawn, both the one with water & the tower with lava) you will have to move really, really far away from any settlement/spawn.
    Lava & Water is not to be used, unless it is connected with either; A river, the ocean, a lake or anything alike that would supply water to this place.
    No building in settlements unless it is approved by the settlement owners.
    Housing should not cost anything to the settlement owners. They were specially permitted by Baronoli himself and since we only have a few, they should be free to stay in. When we have more settlements completed and approved, there could be a use for paying to build a house within this settlement/living within, but so far I don't see any use of this as people won't dig all day for redstone to get a silly 4x4 house they cannot improve in any way.

Please share your thougts about this, add some suggestions yourself as I am sure there are plenty of rules that should be made. As said previously, keep it in a RP-Theme, not roleplaying. I saw someone yesterday going "You will have to ask the Town Major" and this guy goes "Dear Mr. Town Mayor, can I build here?" and i cranked up laughing my ass off till the point where I cried because this shit is so hillariously gay.

Yours, Kanonjepilsner
Back to top Go down
Ikabite

PostSubject: Re: Ruleset regarding building?   Ruleset regarding building? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:32 pm

I agree with tower thing, and water towers aren't the worst ones. Some people manage to make the same from obsidian... now that's a pain to remove.

But I disagree with Town Mayor stuff... There are Roleplayer towns... meaning they are meant for actual roleplaying. It's all a Town Mayors decision to make one or not. Now I don't want to sound arrogant but there are people who don't know how to fit in the theme, I prefer to build only by myself, or to have someone to copy the buildings/rooms/decorations I made. I am sure that others will agree with that. I'd say let it stay a Mayors decision. There are literally millions of other places players could build. The map is nearly endless.
Back to top Go down
Kanonjepilsner

PostSubject: Re: Ruleset regarding building?   Ruleset regarding building? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 am

Yeah, I guess people can charge redstone, I just find it abit greedy for a 4x4 blockhouse that you cannot expand.

Anyways - Can we get an statement from Baronoli so we can start enforcing these things & get the stuff ripped down that has no place on the server? (Lava towers, 1x1 towers & water towers) ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ruleset regarding building?   Ruleset regarding building? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah go for it, I just completed a gigantic thesis for my course. I'll be more involved with the server now, rip down anything you don't think fits. Aslong as it is cleaned up correctly:D. Thanks and much love
Back to top Go down
https://barons.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruleset regarding building?   Ruleset regarding building? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruleset regarding building?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barons Settlement Server :: Rants-
Jump to: