Suggestions for after the update Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barons Settlement Server

The only official forum of the Minecraft Barons Settlement Server!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions for after the update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UnitSeven

UnitSeven

Suggestions for after the update Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for after the update   Suggestions for after the update EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 am

Hi everyone, Baron.

I have a few small suggestions for mods to be included after the update. Hopefully the update will fix a few of the MP bugs we have as well.

One thing I think would be beneficial would be area protection. The user pays a price for a plot or house in a part of one of the towns and area protect is then set upon their property. My house on the hill near spawn gets griefed so much. Everyone will agree it sucks to log in after a day and see the damage done to something you spent a lot of time creating. I know you're adding a whitelist, so this may be an un-necessary step. What is the whitelist for? will that limit the people that are able to actually join the server? It still might be a useful thing to do however, as with new, untrusted people comes the constant possibility of grief. Also, I think area protection would give people more of a sense of what is their property. It's a subconscious thing.

Coming with that, what is the possibility of private/locked chests? Burying chests sucks.

Also, a new spawn area. I have seen some things a few other servers are doing and I thought one in particular was a good idea. Built around the spawn is a tower, or an otherwise un-exitable building, which the only way out to be to go past all the ruleboards. This way no-one can claim they don't know the rules as they have to read them every time they exit spawn. As it stands, spawn is an island with 2 or 3 directions to go and one may not necessarily stop to read the messageboards that were set up.

I'd be interested in helping to construct some of these basic amenities. You've seen my architecture. I don't like boxes and uninteresting, boring constructs. Visual appeal is important to make players want to stay.

That's a few things off the top of my head. If you want to discuss further, please contact me however you wish. Smile
Back to top Go down

Suggestions for after the update
Page 1 of 1