October 28th News Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barons Settlement Server

The only official forum of the Minecraft Barons Settlement Server!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October 28th News

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

October 28th News Empty
PostSubject: October 28th News   October 28th News EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:48 am

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the server. The dawn of a new one is upon us on the 30th and I hope we're all looking foward to it.

On the 30th, I'll rush to get the update in ASAP and everyone knows Minecraft.net will be down. I have no idea if the server software needs to be updated so it's all a guessing game so far.

I've seen a number of ideas regarding the direction of the next map, I support RP but have came to this decision. The server will not be RP, but there can be RP towns. For instance, if one player decides to make a town then it's under his/her power. If they want it to be RP then it can be, no questions asked. The map will always remain a freebuild apart from in the RP town (if specified).

This brings me on to the next point. I'd like to limit the settlements what are being made limited, I know this may take away some fun but hear me out. 10 settlements, 15 players. This means that someones hard work can all be for nothing, all because of people not taking part in other settlements. I propose a limit of 5 settlements, this doesn't mean you can't build anywhere, but rather if you want to stay in a community of builders so be it. I'd like the server community to get closer and I believe this will help it.

The player cap upon reset will also be rose to 20, as asked for. The whitelist will also be put on aswell, if you're not on the latest whitelist please PM me, or even better talk to a mod/admin in game about putting you in the "/whitelist add (Yourname)" command.

Finally, you may have read in the thread about donations. I'm not asking for you to give me money, I'm just letting you all be aware that donations can help me greatly. I'd like to be able to fix up a proper server PC of mine and upgrade to a internet seperate to my phoneline to support you all. The server so far, inclusive of electric and internet has cost me a fair bit so far to run. I of course will never stop running, until the community dies. If you want to donate please PM me, there are some benefits you will get too:

- Added to the reserve list, this means guaranteed access to the server, even when full!
- Names in green, to signify donater status.
- Green forum name
- Name on hall of fame (In construction)
- Plus more when I think of some!

October 28th News Btn_donateCC_LG

Thanks all

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://barons.forumotion.co.uk
Ikabite

October 28th News Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 28th News   October 28th News EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:21 am

I pretty much support everything here. But the town limit. 5 towns means that there will be a lot of people who will ask for those. I propose a vote, now. So by the time of reset we would already know who will be able to build them.

I am applying myself.
Also I believe the excisting (<-- Hopefully spelled his name right) wanted to apply.
Zach for sure.
Soulnight will too.
Umm... Who else?
Back to top Go down
dayallnash

dayallnash

October 28th News Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 28th News   October 28th News EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:08 pm

minecraft.net/boo says the update is out on the 31st?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dayallnash
jonas_747

jonas_747

October 28th News Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 28th News   October 28th News EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:55 am

okay i have search around the internet and found out that it is right before 31th swedish time
Back to top Go down
http://jonas747.com
Sponsored content

October 28th News Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 28th News   October 28th News Empty

Back to top Go down

October 28th News
Page 1 of 1