Server Referendum Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barons Settlement Server

The only official forum of the Minecraft Barons Settlement Server!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server Referendum

Go down 
3 posters

Do you want the server to continue?
Yes
Server Referendum I_vote_lcap100%Server Referendum I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 9 ]
No
Server Referendum I_vote_lcap0%Server Referendum I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Server Referendum Empty
PostSubject: Server Referendum   Server Referendum EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:34 pm

So everyone, it's been 5 days since the server is back and despite te large efforts by various members it seems we're not pulling in the members no more. I love running the server and wish to carry on, but I don't want to keep up a lost cause.

We lost about 5-10 members, all my fault for a problem but we've persevered to keep it going and I would like to thank Ikabite especially for all his efforts. I'm putting this pole out to actually get a feel for the people who want me to actually keep this up. I was thinking of renting a dedicated server but don't really want to be out of pocket each month if no one is going to play. So, if the majority vote yes I'll be getting us a dedicated server and try to sell the one I built to recoup some of the losses.

This is a request for all members, if you could get the player count up I'd greatly appreciate it. Services to the server don't go unnoticed!

Thanks,

Baronoli
Back to top Go down
https://barons.forumotion.co.uk
Ikabite

Server Referendum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Referendum   Server Referendum EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Yay, it has my name in it. Now back to being serious...

As much as I'd love the server to keep going, personally, I've nearly lost my hopes on restoring it to proper greatness. And I refuse to vote... Truth to be told, I can't actually decide. So it's up to you guys.

Having to sell the dedicated server sucks... really. However it must be nearly unused... decently refundable. At least I hope so. Having one yourself would be cheaper in the long run. But renting a server would solve many problems. And It's also not that expensive since Jonas can afford it. Very Happy I haven't seen the prices myself...

And another thing... About getting players. There are so many servers out there now so we have to stand out to get some of the decent players. Server logo, or a picture of staff on the forum's thread. PvP perhaps, at least in certain zones. The redstone currency system we used now is quite dated, and I doubt anyone will find it attractive. Getting lag after logging in is another thing. People assume that it's always like that and simply leave. It's actually all doable.

And so he went back to eating Valentine's Day candy and listening to deeply depressive music.
Back to top Go down
dayallnash

dayallnash

Server Referendum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Referendum   Server Referendum EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 pm

I would play if there was ever anyone online...
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dayallnash
Sponsored content

Server Referendum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Referendum   Server Referendum Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Referendum
Page 1 of 1