Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only official forum of the Minecraft Barons Settlement Server!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information Empty
PostSubject: How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information   How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 am

Hi everyone,

The server today has gone through alot of updates.

I moved the server over to Hey0's latest wrapper, we was over 28 versions behind Wink. Us doing this allowed use to finally be able to use plugins which benefit the server greatly. The two I installed today are, ChestProtect and GriefAlert. I'll get more into them later. I also moved the server over to SkyDrive, if anyone ever needs the server be my guest and I'll drop you a link. I warn you though, the server is 201mb compressed!

The next update would be to the forum, if you notice it's now has a portal. This displays the server status coveniently at the top, while the other forum features are placed around it. The forum is new, but I hope for us to be very active on here and enjoy here aswe much as possible!

Now let's get onto these mods. I installed these two mods for a number of reasons, mainly to stop grief and theft. Let's go indepth here.

To use ChestProtect:

By using /chestprotect (or /cp) you are able to set what mode you want your new chests in.

COMMAND EXAMPLES:

/chestprotect 1 :: Your chests will be public, anyone can open them

/chestprotect 2 :: Your chests will be private, only you can open them

/chestprotect 3 admins;ops :: Your chests will belong to the groups admins and ops, you and anyone from these groups can open them.

/chestprotect 4 hey0;wonktnod :: Your chests will belong to the players hey0 and Wonktnod, you and these players can open them. Of course these names are changeable, so chest sharing is available.

To change the mode on your existing chest, open it with a chest block in hand and your current mode selection will be applied.

In order to create a double-wide chest, you must own both chests.
DOUBLE CHESTS: Placing or modifying a chest next to another chest may or may not affect both chests, this feature will be completed in a future update.

If you open a locked chest, the chest will appear blank.
If you try to put anything into the locked chest, it will be eaten.

Admins can open any chest, are given chest details, and destroy any chest.
Players can open any of their own chests and are given chest details.

Chests can only be destroyed by their owner or an admin.

The next mod, stops grief of all serious nature.

The mods will get notified via a message if someone is griefing with items. For example, if someone is rapidly spamming lava buckets, the mods will be able to see and using the /gcheck command will be able to TP to the potential griefer and take action.

This mod also allows instant deletion of placed items, I have placed, minecarts, tnt and infinite fire in this lists. If any if placed, a mod is notified and the item dissapears as soon as it is placed. This should stop all server lag abuse.

It also is programmed to detect rapid placement of any block, so if anyone is caught spamming let's say a diamond block, you will be caught. I even get logs too. So yeah

Big news update but hope it gives you all an insight!

Thanks!

Baronoli,

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://barons.forumotion.co.uk
jonas_747

jonas_747

PostSubject: Re: How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information   How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:23 pm

whats a skydrive Question
Back to top Go down
http://jonas747.com
dayallnash

dayallnash

PostSubject: Re: How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information   How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:08 pm

jonas_747 wrote:
whats a skydrive Question

www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dayallnash
jonas_747

jonas_747

PostSubject: Re: How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information   How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:43 pm

no its this link

i did a google search after i posted, JUST SAYIN study
Back to top Go down
http://jonas747.com
dayallnash

dayallnash

PostSubject: Re: How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information   How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:34 am

jonas_747 wrote:
no its this link

i did a google search after i posted, JUST SAYIN study

justfuckinggoogleit is a lot more offensive Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dayallnash
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information   How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information Empty

Back to top Go down

How to use ChestProtect and Anti-Grief information
Page 1 of 1