Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only official forum of the Minecraft Barons Settlement Server!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnBovril

JohnBovril

[SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC Empty
PostSubject: [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC   [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Oh man. I'm super pleased to hear that Baron's is coming back. Also that theme tune rocked. Sadly the later patches in minecraft have butchered the stability for me. I now have a hard time playing without constant Crash To Desktops on singleplayer and they are far more frequent in the brief attempt I made to play on the Rock Paper Shogun unofficial minecraft server. So feel sorry for me cause I can't even play SP!

I dunno if there are fixes or something out there on the internet though. But for now, I'm locked out!
Back to top Go down
dayallnash

dayallnash

PostSubject: Re: [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC   [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:19 pm

JohnBovril wrote:
Oh man. I'm super pleased to hear that Baron's is coming back. Also that theme tune rocked. Sadly the later patches in minecraft have butchered the stability for me. I now have a hard time playing without constant Crash To Desktops on singleplayer and they are far more frequent in the brief attempt I made to play on the Rock Paper Shogun unofficial minecraft server. So feel sorry for me cause I can't even play SP!

I dunno if there are fixes or something out there on the internet though. But for now, I'm locked out!

Good to hear from you again! Have you tried running Minecraft in the browser? Usually Firefox is the most stable when it comes down to Java, but Chromium's Rockmelt browser is pretty good too. Let me know. Also I split the topic to maybe get some more suggestions into this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dayallnash
sgtmas2006

sgtmas2006

PostSubject: Re: [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC   [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Try clearing out the bin folder as well, if you're having performance issues, look up some performance mods.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC   [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:59 pm

This seems more like a Java error. Sadly Java is more unstable than a 5 year old on crack. My runtime got messed up, a format fixed it quite quickly. I suggest you backup your stuff and try a clean format of Windows. Bit extreme just for Minecraft, but a format every 1-2 years always does the system good Wink.

-Baron
Back to top Go down
https://barons.forumotion.co.uk
dayallnash

dayallnash

PostSubject: Re: [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC   [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Admin wrote:
This seems more like a Java error. Sadly Java is more unstable than a 5 year old on crack. My runtime got messed up, a format fixed it quite quickly. I suggest you backup your stuff and try a clean format of Windows. Bit extreme just for Minecraft, but a format every 1-2 years always does the system good Wink.

-Baron

Agreed. A good reformat of your system can fix heaps of problems that you didn't even know you had. I once reformatted and it fixed tonnes of stuff which I just thought was normal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/dayallnash
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC   [SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPLIT TOPIC] Can't run MC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barons Settlement Server :: Rants-
Jump to: