Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
You must log in.
Barons Settlement Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The only official forum of the Minecraft Barons Settlement Server!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Survivor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikabite

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello everyone,

If you are not interested in player written MC stories I suggest you to click the back button now and spare your time.
During one terribly boring Friday night Jonas gave me an idea of writing a story in Minecraft Universe. So I decided to give it a try. This time you'll be checking my writing skills instead of my designing ones! It's going to be a diary a like story so I'll add up more over time. Also keep the critics and ideas coming both may give me means to improve the story and give you better view over it.

The Survivor

Day 1

I somehow managed to save this little piece of paper, all I have with me is my leather bag and clothes I have on. Helpless I am laying on the sand, wet till the bone. My lungs are still full of salty sea water, but through the pain I manage to breathe. I don't know if it's my stupidity or consciousness that this little piece of paper I have is last "person" I can speak to that drives me to write in this dire situation. Let me explain what is it all that I am speaking about.

It's year 1687. This May I left the port of Brishtown with a small crew to sail to the uncharted islands of so called New World. According to rumors piles of treasure awaited in long forgotten temples of native folk. But it wasn't what I was aiming for. I simply wanted my name in the history books, I wanted to be remembered. That may sound arrogant and terribly egoistic, but well, at least I am... writing the truth. We sailed for weeks, or so it seemed. I was seasick and
spent most of the time down in my chamber. For nearly and eternity all I saw around was water. But one day I came up to the upper deck and all I saw was gray mist. I don't remember if I have seen anything like it before. But fortunately it was calm. But captain seemed to be very worried, and the crewmen kept telling tales of monstrous sea serpents and sea witches. After listening few of those fairly tales I went back to my chambers and soon after fell asleep. I wish it was just a nightmare, what followed next. I was woken up by screams of the crewmen. The ship was going to sink. I took my bag and stood up since
I wanted to run to the upper deck and check what was it. But as soon as I stood up I lost my balance on the wet floor and hit the wall of my chamber. Next thing I remember was floating on a piece ship's hull, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, I thought I was going to die. But soon after I got washed up at the shore. Still conscious I am writing this, my attempts to stand up to help the others have failed. But I can see another part of the ship not far from here. I hope I am not the only one who survived and someone will find me.

Day 2

The night was terrible. I woke up from strange noises from the other side of the gulf, were those other survivors or the natives of these lands? Ignoring my exhaust I still took up all my courage to go and explore the piece of wreck, that was stuck on one of the small isles. After a long swim I finally reached the wreck. Inside I found rugged cloth and a chest with some basic carpenter tools and I guess someone here was prepared for some exploring. I found an axe, a pickax, and a knife, and few nails. I have no idea why should someone take a pickax on deck, but I guess I may find it useful. I also noticed some food barrels still intact. One of them had grain inside. I wonder, can I plant it. I can't be sure about how long will I stay on this... piece of land. On my way back, I realized something. There were no bodies. Were all of them washed up somewhere, or did someone else survive and pulled them all to a safe place. Ah, yes I also found a golden watch, one of those rare things. But I know how it works since my uncle back home just bought one and he kept telling about how fascinating the mechanism is. But I doubt I will have any use for it here. After swimming back to the shore I was at the first place I put up the large wreckage piece with some cloth I found on deck. Now it seems like quite... decent wouldn't be the right world, but it will do for now. I was hoping to make a fireplace but the logs were still wet and I had no means to set anything on fire. I guess I'll have to stay in these wet scraps.

While laying in here. I should decide what should I do next. Should I stay and try to settle in, explore the further inland or
try swimming to the opposite shore to check it there are any other survivors.

NOTE: I'll add screenshots tomorrow, hopefully. And the first poll is here. You can vote what should the hero do first.

A. Settle in.
B. Look for survivors.
C. Explore further inland.

Last edited by Ikabite on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jonas_747

jonas_747

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:39 pm

c
Back to top Go down
http://jonas747.com
1138_RINGER

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:47 pm

c
Back to top Go down
MiniM00se

MiniM00se

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:23 am

I vote for D, the suggestion I made on Skype about the oranges.

I votes for C Very Happy

EDIT: I have a full stack of posts! xD
Back to top Go down
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mt_Pyre_Forums
Ikabite

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:12 am

Day 3

I heard these same strange noises this night. But a lot closer to me. It seemed like someone was searching for me, in fear I hid beneath the cloth I had taken from what used to be sails. That reminded me of my childhood. How we all once feared of the darkness... of the unknown. And how people never change. We are children till the last seconds of our lives. For a moment there I even thought it was just a nightmare. My mind playing tricks with me. Perhaps I am still on the ship sleeping in my chambers unnoticed by everyone else.

But unfortunately next morning I woke up in the same place... the beach where I was washed up. Instead of assuring my survival here or searching for any other survivors, something was pulling me towards exploration of this uncivilized place. Perhaps there is a colony just over hill. I didn't gave up the hope. Unfortunately I just found more questions in addition to the existing ones. I am not yet sure is this the mainland of the new land. I climbed a hill not far from the beach and saw a mountain, perhaps it has volcanic origins? And a forest. I could use the lumber of the place. Warm fire and food is what I needed if I am going to stay alive. In this place I found fruits that resembled apples from home. Perhaps those were apples. I was too hungry to feel the taste. However after my meal it was already getting dark and I went back to the beach. Perhaps I should get some wood tomorrow. After all I have this iron axe I found. It should make doing it a lot easier.

Right after putting my journal back in the bag I noticed that the time shown in the golden watch is completely different. It was already dark, but it stated that it's only early afternoon. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Geertje123

Geertje123

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:11 am

B, you could make it an A if there were more emotions in it, like a real book. (the story line goes a little bit fast, you wont make it to 200 pages with this Razz)
Back to top Go down
Ikabite

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 am

Poll... Do you want the story to involve more alive characters or you want it to explain the MC universe?
Back to top Go down
Geertje123

Geertje123

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:29 pm

can't you do both?
Back to top Go down
Ikabite

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Well... I could try and explain why you are the only one there or I could explain why people (players) make so many different things with architecture from different times and places.
Back to top Go down
Geertje123

Geertje123

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:05 pm

i like the first one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Survivor Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Survivor   The Survivor Empty

Back to top Go down

The Survivor